This week we celebrate both the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus as well as Passover. I thought I might suggest some inspirational movies for you to consider this week.
These are in no order whatsoever. This isn’t a “best of” list or anything like that. Some are classics though most are of a more recent vintage. Some are historical while others are contemporary. The tones of these movies range from innocent (Jonah-A VeggieTales Movie) to graphic (The Passion of the Christ).
Such a list is only the tip of the iceberg. Looking at the list might even remind you of a totally different title you might not otherwise have thought of. Hopefully, you’ll find one title in this list for your family that best fits the holiday.
- The Prince of Egypt (Spielberg)
- The Passion of the Christ (Mel Gibson)
- The Ten Commandments (Cecil B. DeMille)
- Amazing Grace (Michael Apted)
- Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Andrew Adamson)
- One Night with the King -The Story of Esther (Michael O. Sajbel)
- Jesus of Nazareth (Mini-Series by Franco Zefirelli)
- Courageous (Alex Kendrick)
- Fireproof (Alex Kendrick)
- Flywheel (Alex Kendrick)
- Facing the Giants (Alex Kendrick)
- The Hiding Place (James F. Collier)
- Jonah-A VeggieTales Movie (Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer)
- Faith Like Potatoes (Regardt Van Den Bergh)
- Soul Surfer (Sean McNamara)
- The End of the Spear (Jim Hanon)
- Chariots of Fire (Hugh Hudson)
- Ben Hur (William Wyler)
by Bryan Naquin. Follow Bryan on Twitter @ACIexperts. And you can always contact him at 225.906.2589 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bryan Naquin is president of Acadian Home Theater and Automation based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. CEPro Magazine ranked Acadian in the top 100 consumer electronic companies in the U.S. coming in at Number 87 for 2011.